Publish in Epsilon Open Archive
How to publish a publication in the Epsilon Open Archive:
- Register and log in as a user in the Epsilon system
- Enter data about your thesis in a webb form.
and upload your thesis in PDF format.
1. Register in the Epsilon Open Archive:
Please make sure you have access to your e-mail inbox during the registration process.
- Click the link Register.
- Complete the registration form, giving your full name, a valid e-mail address, then choose a user name and a password. Please note that the Swedish letters å, ä and ö cannot be used. When you have completed the form, click Register.
- An automated e-mail message is sent to the given e-mail address. The message contains instructions and a link that you must follow to activate your password. Please note, sometimes automatic generated e-mail can end up in the spam folder.
- Follow the link given in the e-mail message in order to activate your password.
- Log on using your user name and password and you are ready to start depositing in the Open Archive.
2. Deposit an item in the Epsilon Open Archive
- Log on to Epsilon Open Archive and go to your User Area.
- Click the link Begin a New Item.
- Choose the correct Item Type from the list. Press the Next-button.
- Fill in the information required in the form on the next page. Mandatory fields are marked with a red star. When you are done, press the Next-button.
- Choose the faculty and department with which you are associated. If it is not on the list, fill in information on the previous page. Press the Next-button.
- The next page is for editors only. Just press the Next-button.
- On the next page you are asked to press the Add a Format to this item-button. Then choose the format PDF (your item must be in this format). If you wish, you can also add a brief description of your item here. Then press the Next-button.
- Press Browse to find the correct file on your computer. Select the file and make sure it shows up in the box next to the Browse-button. Then click on Upload File.
Please give your file a name following lastname_firstnameinitial_date, not using the letters åäö. hallberg_a_090112 for depositing a publication made by Åsa Hällberg on January 12, 2009. If there are more authors, give the file the name hallberg_etal_090112. if there are no authors, write the beginning of the title of the publication and date.
The name of the uploaded file will appear above the text box in a few seconds (the larger the file, the longer it will take). When the upload is complete, click the Finished-button.
- On the next page, just click on the Next-button again.
- The next page is a Verification page. Please verify that all of the details about your deposit are correct, and that all necessary files have been correctly uploaded including any figures. When you are satisfied, click on the Deposit Item Now-button at the bottom of the page.
- You should now get a page informing you that your deposit is completed. Your submission will then be held for editorial review.
When you have submitted your publication to the Epsilon publishing system a librarian will edit your entered data, before the electronic publishing. Depending on the current workload, and provided there are no problems, it should appear in the repository within the next few days.
Did you know?
All publications, except pre-prints, published in Epsilon Open Archive can also be transfered to the SLU Publication database. The depositor recieves an email with and instructions.
SLU Open Access policy
Epsilon information about self-archiving and publisher policies
Want to publish an article in Epsilon? First check the publishers policy at SHERPA/RoMEO.
FAQ - publish in Epsilon Open Archive